blogging for hope: why children's mental health matters
As someone who is concerned about children’s mental health, you know that good and timely information is critical for parents when it comes to their child’s future and safety.
We hear it, too:
“I wish I had been able to help my child sooner.”
“I didn’t know where to turn.”
“People don’t understand what you are dealing with.”
As One in Five Minds, we want to address this gap in information and access, because we know that the sooner a child is treated, the better his or her chances of success.
Some of the key issues faced by families with a child experiencing mental illness include:
- fear of the problem;
- unfamiliarity of its multi-faceted realities;
- inexperience with the field of mental health care;
- difficulty with getting a support system in place among key partners like the school;
- difficulty with managing life with the child who suffers from an illness;
- and difficulties getting treatment and being able to pay for it.
Our upcoming educational blogs will address these topics. We encourage you to read, watch and share as much as you can. We also welcome your feedback and input.
Our team is most grateful for you and the role you play as an advocate for children. Please accept our best wishes for a joyful and healthy year!
With heartfelt thanks for how much you care,
The One in Five Minds team